Friday, July 1, 2011

Creamy Coconut Shrimp



Creamy Coconut Shrimp

Ingredients:

* 2 lb shrimp (raw is preferred, but I buy whatever is on sale...this time it was cooked)
* 2 cans thick coconut milk (I buy the Thai Kitchen cans for this recipe)
* garlic cloves, grated (3-4)
* ginger root, grated ( 1 1/2" cube cut from root)
* salt and pepper



Directions:
1. Wash shrimp (your choice whether or not to shell and tail them...I prefer not having to shell it while I'm eating)
2. Place into saucepan with coconut, garlic, ginger, and salt & pepper.

3. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
4. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered
5. Stir Frequently. I like it best after it's cooked long enough for the coconut to get really creamy and thick.

6. Serve with veges :)

Original Recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment